Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Spring is in the air!

Hearing the birds singing their melody at 4:15am is probably  one of the nicest ways to be awoken (at least now that I am no longer working in an office  and can go back to sleep :)  And being able to sleep with the windows open now that it is milder is another little gift of spring. There is a lilac bush just outside the window and there is the constant heady scent of lilacs that drifts in through the windows and fills the house with the sweet spring scent.

Spring inspires me to go into my workshop and create.  Flowers inspire me to create.  Green grass inspires me to create.  Actually just about everything about nature inspires me to create.  

In the last few months, I have spent more time on creating miniature flowers and plants than ever before  in my life.  Miniature flowers has become another passion, and I have to admit that I have been negligent with  furniture making for a little bit - even though  I still have so many ideas for furniture - some put down on paper already, and some still in my head.  Winter is a time when I make and create most of my miniature furniture.  For some reason, when spring arrived this year, I just had to make flowers and plants.

Mauve Violet
White Geranium


Salmon Geranium
Bouquet of Lilies

Lavender Plant

Lavender sprigs with Sachet

 As one can see, I have been very busy.
In a fit of flower folly, I have ordered over the last few months just about every mini  punch available on the internet, and the floor of my atelier is often covered with miniscule tiny bits of colored paper.(The punch often leaves tiny residues all over the place and who has time to clean up? - heaven forbid that someone should pass a vacuum in a miniature workshop! Hubby passed the vacuum  once in my workshop, and I guarantee you  he will never do it again.  He has been banned from my workshop as long as he has any kind of sucking or blowing tool in his hand! :) 

So the experimenting goes on, I spend a lot of time lately with my nose in flowers, trying to come up with ideas.  Lots of time googling images of flowers and plants - here is one that  I am tempted to try next.  Wonder if there is a market for it hmmmm..........





No comments:

Post a Comment